The Renovation Concierge Service (RCS) is a special department within Real Estate Mortgage Network to help you facilitate the completion of your important home improvement project.
Our Team is set up to assist you and your contractor with any of the following:
- Construction-related questions and / or concerns
- Mortgage payment questions during construction period
- Change orders resulting from either unforeseen additional repairs that might be required or additional upgrade features that you wish to complete
- Ordering draw inspection request and final close out inspections
- Monitoring the payment of draw checks
You have been assigned a personal Renovation Concierge Specialist to work with you and your contractor from the start of the home improvement project to the finishing touches of your newly renovated dream home. Your personal Renovation Concierge Specialist will be available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
For your convenience, we have set up a special group email address that will deliver your message not only to your personal Renovation Concierge Specialist but also to our entire Concierge Team. This is designed to give you maximum access to our entire team if your personal specialist is busy assisting other customers or out of the office.
Please feel free to e-mail us at RenovationConciergeService@remn.com. We truly appreciate your support and confidence!
What happens if my Contractor uncovers additional repair items?
Your Renovation Concierge Specialist will work with you and your Contractor if additional repairs will be required to complete your home improvement project.
Your loan has a Contingency Reserve built into the loan amount to assist you with any unforeseen repairs or cost overruns. Typically that Contingency Reserve is 10% to 15% of the original contractor work estimate.
This Contingency Reserve is designed to assist with correcting any fire, health or safety issue that might occur during your home improvement project. It is not designed for items such as purchase of appliances or other cosmetic issues.
To request the use of any funds in the Contingency Reserve, you and your Contractor should complete a formal Change Order Request (HUD Form 92577). This HUD form needs to be completed and signed by you, your contractor, your HUD Consultant (for 203(k) Full Consultant, Fannie Mae HomeStyle or FNMA HomePath transactions) and your lender. Please don’t allow your contractor to begin extra work until this requested Change Order is approved by Real Estate Mortgage Network, Inc.
To discuss a possible Change Order Request, please contact your personal Renovation Concierge Specialist at RenovationConciergeService@remn.com.
Please give us one business day to review and respond to this Change Order Request
Once your home improvement project is complete, any unused funds in your Contingency Reserve will be used to pay down the principal balance of your loan, building more equity in your newly renovated dream home.
What Happens when my Contractor is ready for a Draw Inspection?
Your Renovation Concierge Specialist will help you and your Contractor order the following:
- Draw Requests
- Change Orders
- Lien Releases
- Check Requests
- Final Close Out Inspections
- Final Title Updates
This process will be completed in three simple steps:
- If your loan is a FHA 203(k) Streamline Option, you should send an e-mail directly to the Renovation Concierge Service (RenovationConciergeService@remn.com). Your personal Renovation Concierge Specialist will contact the original HUD Appraiser to complete the Final Close Out Inspection and will forward you the necessary papers for you and your Contractor to sign. You then simply e-mail the signed documents back to your Renovation Concierge Specialist and he or she will order the final title update. We will order the final check request when we receive the final inspection from the HUD Appraiser.
- If your loan was a FHA 203(k) Full/Consultant Option, FNMA HomeStyle or FNMA HomePath, either you or your Contractor should contact your assigned HUD Consultant. He or she will conduct the Draw Inspections and have you and your contractor sign the necessary documents to order the draw funds. Your HUD Consultant will send the completed paperwork directly to your Renovation Concierge Specialist. We will review the documentation and forward them to REMN’s Corporate Draw Department.
- Once REMN’s Corporate Draw Department receives either the HUD Appraisal Inspection or the HUD Consultant Inspection the average timeframe to receive the draw funds is five to six business days. (Typically one business day to order funds, two business days to process funds and two days for UPS delivery.)
Please contact RenovationConciergeService@remn.com for more information.